Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dessert - M&M Hershey Kiss Pretzel Squares (from Andrea Marsello)

Seeing as to how Maria suggested favorite recipes even if they are not oldies, here is one that would be great for all of you with young and teenage children ... and older because my kids, and even the big guy himself, inhale them.  They are great any time of the year but especially now at Christmas because they are colorful ... like Christmas ornaments or lights.  They are very fast and very easy.  Joe called me yesterday for the recipe; they are going to make them for Christmas.

A friend brought these to my husband when he was in the hospital. We all went crazy over them, including the nurses.  I’m not sure your younger girls would be able to help with these but I think Sophia might be able to do them.  I made them last year for my grandkids when I was babysitting in Florida. I told my Joe & Heather about them before they took off for their little get away.  Turns out the kids and their friends ate all of them.  I probably had about 125 ... should have made more.  When Joe got back, he asked where the pretzel candies were ... they were gone!  A chuckle: Michaela had put the bowl of pretzels on the couch and walked away. When she came back only minutes later, she discovered Paulie, who was not quite 3 years old yet, taking each one, biting the M&M off the top, and putting the rest back into the bowl.  No problem ... Grandma (me) ate his throwbacks! LOL

A tip: I press the M&M with the written side down.  They really are quite pretty and festive.

M&M Hersey Kiss Pretzel Squares
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Lay out waffle square pretzels on an un-greased cookie sheet.  I use Hanover; do not use the butter flavor pretzels.

Put a Hershey Kiss on top of each one.

Put in oven for 3 minutes.

Remove from oven and immediately press an M&M into the top of each Kiss.

Cool to room temperature to be sure the Kiss adheres to the pretzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment