Sunday, October 16, 2011

Side Dish - Zucchini Pie (from Marjorie)

I don't always pay attention to exact quantities.  Example, last night when I made it I used 4 small/medium zucchini's and I had a box of baby portabello's so chopped them up and included them as well. Can also throw in 4 to 5 slices of chopped bacon.  The remainder of the recipe I pretty much keep intact.  Here goes:

3 cups zucchini (diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 cup Bisquick
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups grated cheese (I use regular percorino/romano)
1/2 teaspoon Marjoram (I haven't included this yet)
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix well and place in a Pamed pie plate or pyrex dish (10x8x1-3/4)

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes (I usually cook mine for almost an hour) until a nice golden brown.

Bon Appetite!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment