Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Side Dish - Grandma Feula's Potatoes (from Andrea Marsello)

I was going through recipes the other day and found my grandmother’s recipe for oven potatoes.  I don’t have an oven temperature listed; I assume it must have been 350 degrees; I personally would go with 400 degrees. Maybe Aunt Sis or Aunt Maria will also have the recipe and will know the temp.

In my entire growing up years I don’t remember my grandmother ever making mashed potatoes, not even with turkey on Thanksgiving.  She always made a pan of oven potatoes.  Her potatoes were delicious!
In my mind, through all these years, I was sure I remembered her adding a can of chicken broth ... I was so excited when I found the recipe and discovered that I was right about the soup!


Oven Potatoes – Grandma Feula (Julia De Luca Feula)

1/4 lb chopped salt pork: put in oven pan and melt in oven.
When browned, remove pieces; leave drippings.
Add 2 TBS butter/margarine and one large, sliced onion; brown slightly in oven.
Add cut up potatoes, salt, pepper, and paprika to salt pork drippings/onion. Toss all together.
Add one can chicken broth.
Roast uncovered for about 30 minutes.
Cover until done, maybe about another 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment