Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Entree - Pasta Chiche (Marjorie)

Tonight I made dinner and while eating it I thought, "geez, I should jot this down. Add it to your own collection.  It's wonderful.

PASTA CHICHE

I can of diced tomatoes. 
2 cans of tomatoe sauce (I like Delmonte).
1 medium to large onion (diced)
1 can Progresso Chick Peas
1 can Progresso Red Kidney Beans
1 can Progresso Canneloni Beanbs
1 can low salt, low fat chicken broth

Stir a couple of swirls of olive oil in saucepan.
Stir in chopped onion
Add tomatoes and saute 3 or 4 minutes
Add salt, pepper, 2 or 3 leaves
A few shakes of basil & oregano
Stir and let cook for 5 or 10 minutes

Add beans (with can contents) & chicken broth  (I often add an extra can of chick peas)
Cook for perhaps 20 minutes or until all flavors combine and taste amazing.  Can add other
seasonings.....a little garlic powder, a little onion powder, some basil, some oregano.

In separate pot, boil up some pasta (I like Barilla's Cellantani).

Place a few scoops of pasta into plate and scoop lots of mixture on top.  Top with
grated cheese.  Have some warm Italian bread, a glass of red wine and BON APPETITE!!!!

I've doubled this and it still is amazing!!!!  But you have to cook long enough to make the
flavors blend.  If you add pasta to the mixture it swells and takes away all the broth.  I
prefer to keep it separate.

Sorry if I missed the Family Cookbook but if you make this for Chris....he'll be a happy man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment